Founder & Executive Director
Forrest founded Protect the Harvest in 2014 to assist in the fight for the rights of America’s farmers, ranchers, animal owners and sportsmen/sportswomen.
Forrest is a resident of the state of Indiana. Born and raised in Ramsey, Indiana as the oldest of four, he comes from humble beginnings. In his teens, Forrest went to work on a cattle farm in Harrison County, IN to support his family. After graduating from high school, he took several jobs, from working in a muffler factory to hauling loads in a dump truck. Only three years removed from high school, he purchased his first semi-truck and began long-haul trucking. This led to him purchasing more semi-trucks and even a convenience store throughout the next decade. Forrest met his wife Charlotte in 1979 and the couple later had a son, Morgan, whom they raised along with the children they both had from previous relationships.
Over time, Forrest developed a fascination for mixing oils and additives to improve gas mileage and overall performance in his vehicles. This would lead to the creation of several products and the incorporation of Lucas Oil Products in 1989. Forrest has seen his business grow rapidly over the last 25 years. With more than 100 products being sold in the United States and abroad. With this success, Mr. Lucas has been able to pursue many other successful business ventures. The most notable of these ventures can be found in the sporting world. Lucas Oil Stadium has been the home of the Indianapolis Colts of the National Football League for nearly a decade, and the Lucas Oil name is prominent in the world of racing, with tracks located in California, Missouri, and Indianapolis, as well as the Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series.
But Forrest’s passion for causes near and dear to his heart are not limited solely to the business world. He has dedicated his resources to protecting America’s prosperity. Having had a lifelong association with agriculture, it was natural for Forrest to found Protect the Harvest in 2011. Protect the Harvest, under Forrest Lucas’ guidance, continues the fight against animal rights groups who want to end meat consumption, halt consumer access to affordable food, eliminate all hunting practices, and outlaw rodeos, circuses and pet ownership.
Besides staying busy with his many business ventures and attending dozens of sporting events throughout the year, Forrest enjoys spending time with his family and taking care of his cattle ranch in Missouri.
Glen Klippenstein – Board President
Glen graduated from Pennsylvania State University with a B.S. in Animal Science. He has owned and operated his own family farms in Pennsylvania (1961-1966) and Missouri (1993-present). He was a Missouri State Senator for the 12th district in 1993-1994. He then took office as a Missouri State Representative from 2010-2012.
Past chairman of:
- Beef Board Operating Committee (1990-1991
- Beef Board Producers Communications Committee (1987, 1992)
- Beef Board Research Committee (1988-1989)
- American Polled Hereford Association (1983)
- Director, National Cattleman’s Association (1984-1990)
- NCA Membership Committee (1987-1989)
- NCA Priority Issues Committee (1988-1989)
- NCA Planning & Implementation Committee (1989-1990).
- Honorary Alumnus, University of Missouri School of Agriculture
- Outstanding Ag Alumnus from Penn State University
- E.O. of American Chianina Association (2000-2009)
- Presidential appointment to Federal Ag. Mortgage Corporation Board, Chairman Public Policy Committee, Corporate Governance Committee, Compensation Committee, and Credit Committee (2003-2009)
- Missouri Seedstock Producer of the Year
- Livestock Man of the Year in Missouri
- “Mr. Ag” at Penn State University
- Partner and operator at Glenkirk Farms in Missouri (1966-1993)
- Judged national cattle shows for 9 breeds along with regional and state shows in the United States and on four continents
- Hosted as many as 3,000 visitors annually to his family farm
Tom is the Chief Operating Officer for Lucas Oil Products, Inc. in Corona, California and has been with the company since 2002. He is educated in Automotive Technology, Finance and Investments. He is married and has two grown children. Prior to working for Lucas Oil he worked for 17 years with Lutheran Brotherhood, a not for profit financial services company in Minneapolis, Minnesota. At that position he helped people with retirement investment and estate planning. In addition to his work experience, Tom spent over twenty years as a board member and president of his local church and many local service organizations. His administrative knowledge and experience in mentoring ensures that Protect the Harvest operates legally and fulfills the vision of its founder Forrest Lucas.
Dale is a graduate of the University of Missouri-Columbia with degrees in animal science and agricultural economics. He is the President and Founder of Elevation Ag and the CEO of AgriNext. Over the years he has become adept at understanding the cumulative effects of market forces and government policy upon business practices. He has led many efforts focused on creating partnerships and navigating among federal and state organizations. Dale is also owns and operates farms in southeast and central Missouri. He grows soybeans, corn, wheat, and raises beef cattle. He and his wife reside near Linn, Missouri with their three children.
Awards and Accomplishments:
- Executive Director/CEO of the Missouri Soybean Association (1992-2013)
- Vice President of the University of Missouri Ag Foundation
- Treasurer of Missouri Farmers Care
- Past Chairman of the Missouri 4-H Foundation and key member for over 25 years
- Past President of the Missouri Dairy Growth Council
- Chairman Emeritus of the Missouri Biotechnology Association
- President of the MU Alumni Association (2001-2002)
- Past President of the Missouri Ag Research Council
- Past President of the St. Louis Agri-Business Club
- First ever recipient of the MU Tiger Pride Award
- MU’s College of Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources Alumnus of the Year
- 2007 Agribusiness Leader of the Year (National Agri-Marketing Association)
Eric is President and principal of Downforcemarketing LLC, a manufacturing, marketing, and consulting firm that works with Fortune 500 companies around the world. He is also Director of Business Improvement at Leading2Lean.com, a manufacturing software provider that drives data focused businesses.
Eric was born in Southern California where he grew up loving drag racing and spending the weekends either at the racetrack or helping work on his neighbor’s Super gas cars. He currently lives in Utah with his beautiful wife Michele and has two sons and three grandchildren.
In 2012 Eric was watching a NHRA race on TV and saw the Protect The Harvest sponsored Top Fuel Dragster driven by Brandon Bernstein. Eric looked into our organization and shortly after began volunteering. He loves spending his time fighting for American families, especially the poor, by ensuring we continue to have a safe and inexpensive food supply provided by American farmers and ranchers.
Theresa is the project coordinator for Protect The Harvest and Lucas Oil Products, Inc. and has been with the company since 2013. Her educational background is in the veterinary technician field, and she has been working with animals in multiple occupations since 2006. She is married and her husband has been in law enforcement since 2008. Her family raises cattle and they enjoy horseback riding in their spare time. In addition to her commitment to animal welfare, she enjoys hiking, spending time with her family, and attending her local Baptist church.