Protect The Harvest supports the use and enjoyment of performing animals. Performing animals can include bears, like the ones at Bearadise Ranch, circus animals, animals used in rodeo, as well as show horses and dogs. Each of these is an example of utilizing the animal’s natural instincts and abilities. Training and working with animals goes beyond enrichment, with bears, for example, training them to interact with humans allows for them to be handled during veterinary visits or transported safely.
The truth is, performing animals have worked alongside humans for thousands of years. We cannot let animal rights groups keep future generations from experiencing the amazing things these animals can do, with the help of humans and vice versa. Educating the public about the real life of performance animals is the goal of Protect The Harvest, and we work diligently to fight not only for animal welfare but the right for humans to own and exhibit these animals as well.
Here is a list of performing animal situations we are working to protect:
- Horses – Horse Shows, Racing and Rodeos
- Dog Shows, Trials and Racing
- Carriage Horses
- Bull Riding and Other Performing Animals Utilized by Rodeos
- Exotic and Domestic Animals used in Circuses and Educational Animal Exhibitions
- Zoos and Private Businesses that provide educational opportunities for the public to learn about animals.
To this end, we have supported Performing Animals in a variety of ways, from participating in events to speaking with the public, industry leaders and stakeholders to creating educational materials and media.
- Educational booths, PSAs, etc. at major equestrian events and youth events, including the AQHA Lucas Oil World Championship Show, National Cutting Horse Association, National Stock Horse Association, Indian National Finals Rodeo, Professional Bull Riders, Reno Snaffle Bit Futurity, National Stock Show and Rodeo, National Reining Horse Association, as well as a number of smaller affiliated organizations, National Collegiate Equestrian Association, FFA, and 4-H events.
- Production of brochures and other information in support of performing animals in circuses and educational exhibitions
- Production of educational articles and information for dissemination over our social outlets and other media sources
- Networking with other animal interest groups
To learn more about Performing Animals – Click Here
Article About PETA using the news media to push their agenda against Bearadise Ranch
Article - About animal rights organizations eliminating Greyhound Racing in Florida
Article - Greyhound racing in Florida
Article About National Stock Show and Rodeo
Article - The Saddest Day on Earth - Circus Closing
Article - How The Closure of the Circus Impacts Horse Shows
Article - Carriage Horse Industry Needs Support
Brochure - Learn How Performing Animals Live Happy, Healthy Lives